We know that prenatal classes aren't always at the top of the "fun" list for dads. Images of charts, lectures and awkward birth videos come to mind.
We promise that this is a class for both of you - fathers are respected as full participants, not just companions or observers. With each aspect of pregnancy, birth and postpartum we include your unique perspective and experience. In addition to the wealth of information and support, many men find our classes help build a sense of confidence and excitement, and feel more connected to their partner and baby.
It is only after a class has ended that we get the hugs and smiles from satisfied new fathers who let us know that they hadn't really wanted to come, but are So so glad that they did!
- Each prenatal class includes a session for dads with an experienced father.
- Birth: The Dad perspective on labour support.
- Bonding: Supporting your unique relationship with baby.
- Becoming Dad: Defining who you want to be as a father.
- Being Dad: Strategies for work-family balance & paternity leave.
New! Special Session for Fathers
Resources for Partners
Here are a few additional resources exploring the unique experience of men in childbirth and new parenthood.
- A Note to Fathers: It's You She Wants
- Parenting with the Weight of the Past
- Tips for New Dads to Nurture Your Partner
- Couvade - When You Gain Weight Too!
- When Men cry During Childbirth
- Stretch Marks for Dads
- Fatherhood & the Male Brain